How are you this fine day? Did you enjoy the eclipse? Hopefully you got to enjoy it, if even for a short time without burning your retinas!
Well, before the moon upstaged the sun… I hopped on my broom to visit some old friends, and found myself in the vicinity of a charming shop AND NEW AGE SPA in the small, suburban town of Okemos, Michigan. The likes of this place, I have never seen before!
Beyond a Dream is a store that offers a variety of products and services. The rather large selection of tumbled, and raw stones are positioned around the store grouped by the associating chakra. Actually, almost everything this shop offers is positioned by and related to Reiki and the chakras. From handmade soaps, soy candles, singing bowls, and wind chimes – this shop has A LOT to offer. I will say, I was a bit put off by some of the prices on products and stones… However, this is the only store of its kind in the area, and they offer a wide variety of crystal specimens that I couldn’t help but admire… And I bought a piece of Indigo Gabbro aka Mystic Merlinite while there, so I can’t complain too loudly 😉
The current location has been open since May 2016, and is large enough to house not only the shop but the following services:
- Guided Group Meditation (in their Guided Meditation room, complete with a set of quartz crystal singing bowls one for each chakra) – $25 for 1 hour
- Individual Guided Meditation – $1 per minute
- Tarot Readings – $1 per minute
- Reiki – $75 for 1 hour (in their beautifully private therapy rooms)
- Reiki Tune up – $25
- Aura Cleanse – $15
- Crystal Therapy – $25 for 1 hour; $15 for 1/2 hour
- Reiki Classes ( I, II, III, & Master) $200-250
- Ionic Foot Detox – $35 (packages available)
- Epsom Foot Soak with mini reflexology massage – $15
- Float Pod (in their sensory deprivation tank) – $60 for 1 hour; $40 for 1/2 hour
- Infared Sauna (like a steam room without the steam!) – $45 for 1 hour; $30 for 1/2 hour; $5 per additional person, 3 people max allowed in sauna
- Zen Den Salt Cave (they made a Himalayan salt cave like den with quartz crystal sand!) – $45 for 1 hour; $30 for 1/2 hour
From the sensory deprivation tank, to the salt cave, and Reiki therapy rooms… This spa is wired for piping in soft, music for meditation that can be adjusted to the person’s specific needs and treatment. Also, strands of LED lights can be found hanging along the ceiling of various treatment rooms which can be adjusted to different colors depending on the treatment, the person, and the specific chakra.
So if you find yourself in the East Lansing area – treat yourself to one of the many services offered at Beyond a Dream! Check out their large selection of crystals, and just maybe you will find something special just for you 🙂
With Love and Light,